Website Hylink Digital Solutions
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.2T U.S. construction industry. We strive to empower lenders, owners, builders, and vendors with innovative software, payments products & services that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity / collaboration and ensure better cost management as capital flows into and throughout the construction industry. Founded in 2015, Built now serves more than 110 of the top financial institutions in the US and Canada, including 25+ of the top 100 US construction lenders. In 2019, we completed our Series B raise led by Goldman Sachs bringing our total funding to $55M. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory.
The Strategic Finance function at Built focuses on accelerating growth and delivering value-maximizing analysis / operational insights. On a daily basis, this team partners directly with Built’s senior leadership to provide data-driven insights to inform strategic, financial, and operational decision-making across the company. This is a high-impact role that will offer senior leadership exposure and the opportunity to impact strategic decision making in a hyper-growth environment.
We are seeking a Strategic Finance Associate to help support our next phase of growth and become an integral part of the finance function at Built. This person will have a “builder” profile complimented by a passion for analytics, be inspired by technology business models and enjoy operating in hyper-growth organizations. This role will support and lead deep financial analysis, business forecasting, financial and business plan modeling, financial planning and risk management, capital allocation, and strategic planning.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an emerging leader with 2+ years of finance experience to join a company in hyper-growth mode and influence its financial strategy.
Fiduciary Mgmt & Business Partnership (Traditional)
- Build, own, and refine sophisticated financial models and synthesize key outputs for executive decision making process
- Support the management, division, and company-wide financial planning
- Deliver proficient and consistent execution of key performance indicators and financial analysis
- Develop sustainable, rigorous, and ongoing processes to support cross-functional decision making.
Analytics Actualization (Advanced)
- Support in the delivery of world-class SaaS benchmarking and developing / refining Built’s unit economics
- Support the management of Built’s total P&L, establishing useful and creative executive reporting
- Leverage subject-matter-experts across the organization to build and refine business cases
- Assist in identifying high-level investments required including product development, marketing & other costs to evaluate P&L impact
- Support development of stakeholder presentations to facilitate management discussions and articulate the company’s strategic vision
Value Creation (Progressive)
- Conduct in-depth analyses of our various businesses and develop deep understanding of key value drivers to identify improvement areas and opportunities
- Assist with evaluation of financial feasibility and viability of new business opportunities, and provide suggestions for improvements to recurring projects (e.g. incorporation of new revenue streams, cost-cutting measures, etc.)
- Bring clear thinking and excellent problem-solving skills to top issues facing the business and product organization
- Assist with potential new partnership and transaction identification, evaluation, and negotiation, analyzing financials and preparing term sheets as needed
- Highly collaborative in nature, at-cause mentality, with the pursuit of zero-defect deliverables
- Consistently delivers high-level of quality output, accuracy and confidentiality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Attitude of innovation, entrepreneurship, and demonstrated ability to remain nimble and fresh
- Solid persuasive presentation and storytelling skills; comfortable engaging with C-level executives and senior leadership
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and solve complex business and operations challenges with a talent for communicating them in ways others can easily understand (both verbally and via email/PowerPoint)
- Supportive team player who advocates and accelerates the ideas of others, but welcomes ownership / full responsibility of workstreams, projects, and tasks
- Talent for synthesizing and communicating complex ideas
- 2+ years of experience in a combination of investment banking, private equity, financial planning and analysis, corporate finance, management consulting, corporate strategy, or other relevant experience
- Expert Excel skills; experience building three-statement financial models and analyzing large data sets and articulate assumptions and outputs
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Understanding of private company capitalization
- Experience in enterprise software, SaaS, financial services, and/or fintech is a plus
- Familiarity with Looker and/or SQL is a plus
The rare opportunity to change the world and radically disrupt an industry
Competitive benefits including Unmetered Vacation; Health, Dental & Vision Insurance; and 401k
Weekly Team Lunches
Kitchen loaded with all the essentials to keep you productive
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.