Job Role: Caretaker
Pay Rate: £9.40 per hour
As the caretaker, you will contribute to our vision of being the UK’s Favourite Property Manager as recognised by others by:
- Demonstrating FirstPort values in all aspects of your work and communication, to develop strong relationships and enhance work quality.
- Ensuring the development and its individual buildings and common spaces are kept to the highest standard of cleanliness, hygiene and health and safety so they maximise their presentation.
- Supporting the development manager with individual customer requests in a polite and professional manner at all times to exceed the customer’s expectations.
This role reports into the development manager and does not have team of colleagues reporting into them.
FirstPort is the largest and most experienced residential property manager in the UK, employing more than 3,000 colleagues dedicated to looking after peoples’ home.
Great property management is about more than just bricks and mortar. We recognise and value the contribution our people make to our business and we are committed to ensuring they are skilled and equipped to do the best job they can and that they have the opportunity to realise their full potential.
Our Values set out the commitments we have made to deliver excellent service and they inform the relationships that we have with customers and clients. They shape our culture and are used in measuring and rewarding performance.
- Provide a high standard of service to the site and our customers.
- Ensure the development and its buildings and common areas are professionally cleaned, well presented and maintained.
- Daily tasks will include dusting, sweeping, mopping, emptying bins and vacuuming of communal areas.
- If required, disposal of rubbish in the designated rubbish collection area.
- Ensure that all health and safety risks are identified and report any accidents, trips, spills, hazards or near misses as per the site procedures, to the development manager or assistant development manager.
- Front entrances, communal stairways, corridors and passageways kept clean at all times.
- To carry out deep cleaning as and when requested.
- Report any maintenance issues that may arise to the development manager
- Ensure all footpaths and communal areas are kept clean and free of litter
- Ensure that instructions for the maintenance, cleaning and storage of equipment are consistently followed.
- Work in accordance with the Company’s Health & Safety Policy.
- Be prepared to perform any other reasonable duties, as requested by the development manager
Skills and Experience
Minimum of one years’ experience in a cleaning operative position
Good experience of Health and Safety regulations including COSHH
Confident, polite and courteous communicator with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships, able to work on own initiative and have ability to multitask.
Exceptional customer service experience, able to prioritise and manage various tasks simultaneously.
Friendly – We look out for people’s best interests, and show them we care by dealing with them in a warm and friendly manner.
Inventive – We’re creative and resourceful. We strive to improve what we do and how we do it, so we can provide the best ideas and solutions to look after people, their homes and communities.
Respectful – We listen, consult and take on-board people’s opinions and needs. We understand the impo
To apply for this job please visit www.firstportcareers.co.uk.