Digital Product Director
Job Role: Digital Product Director Location: London or Luton Job Sector: DigitalHours: 35 per weekAs the Digital Product Director, you will contribute to our vision of being the UK’s favourite residential property manager, by:
- Lead a team to create and deliver a product strategy that is aligned to FirstPort’s vision across all channels and includes further product development opportunities.The plan is that FirstPort becomes a platform business seamlessly connecting customers, colleagues, contractors, clients, and ultimately IoT devices at buildings. The role provides a real opportunity to create future enhancements to products and services that will be pivotal to the future success of the business. This isn’t just a product creation or development role, but a role that will own the product life cycle, continuously improving and refining to meet customer needs and behaviours. As well as enhancing the service experience a strong commercial awareness is required to ensure sensible return on investment. About You – Skillset
- 10+ years in building, managing and scaling digital products and utilising rich data.
- Significant experience of product management in a digital industry in a multi-product, high transaction volume environment using a focus on profitability/benefits realisation.
- Demonstrable experience of product development, strategic planning, and execution.
- Proven ability to define strategy, process, and communication of the plan across a business to inspire and deliver transformational improvement.
- Proven experience of addressing tactical issues whilst maintaining long-term strategic vision.
- Demonstratable ability and experience of delivering solutions that are scalable.
- Experience of managing team inspiring confidence and inspiring people across the organisation to deliver great results.About you – Personal Qualities
- Excellent and inspiring communication and presentation skills with a clear ability to influence effectively across a matrix organisation and at senior levels.
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills.
- Proven strong analytical skills in evaluating opportunities and data and using these to best advantage, strong commercial acumen.
- Comfortable in an evolving and ambiguous environment, not fazed by change and transformation at pace, and importantly can take people with them on the journey.
- Good leadership skills with ability to inspire, motivate, and coach direct reports and influence the wider team.
- Adaptable in communication style, displays gravitas with strong knowledge about their functional area and a passion for delivery.About Us FirstPort is the largest and most experienced residential property manager in the UK, employing more than 3,000 colleagues dedicated to looking after peoples’ home. Great property management is about more than just bricks and mortar. We recognise and value the contribution our people make to our business and we are committed to ensuring they are skilled and equipped to do the best job they can and that they have the opportunity to realise their full potential. Our Values set out the commitments we have made to deliver excellent service and they inform the relationships that we have with customers and clients. They shape our culture and are used in measuring and rewarding performance.Main Responsibilities
- Understand the business and its various stakeholders, its systems and processes, and the wider technology backdrop to propose, prioritise and deliver innovative product solutions that enhance service and value.
- Work closely with the CEO and management team to develop and continually refine the product vision and strategy, ensuring the business has the right people, capabilities and skills for success.
- Establish and drive strategic product roadmaps that differentiate FirstPort and deliver real benefits.
- Ensure all product ideas, concepts and features are validated with internal stakeholders, consumers and/or customers.
- Manage the relationships necessary to deliver the product strategy, tools, processes – working closely with the Director of IT.Delivery to be measured on functionality, timing, cost, and benefits.
- Ensure the company creates and benefits from rich data, and lead the data analysis/BI and workflow activity that drives better service and company performance and leads to new commercial opportunities.
- Establish and maintain a shift to agile product planning and management of products that continuously improve and refine to meet user needs and demands.
- Ensure product owners have the skills and support to develop hypotheses, test, and implement features based on data and other evidence.
- Foster and facilitate strong communications between the business teams, IT, and the product development team to ensure alignment between customer and business needs with product capabilities and features.
- Clearly communicate the progress and execution timescales across the business that inspires confidence and delivery.
- Assess, coach and develop product team members to ensure success.
- Effectively manage the product development budgets (including both capital expenditure and operational expenditure).Ensure costs are appropriately managed, forecasting is accurate, and risks are appropriately managed.
- Stay abreast of the latest product and technology developments (especially in PropTech) to ensure that any technical improvements which result in improved customer experience, cost reductions, or greater product profitability can sensibly be incorporated into existing products or future development.
- Develop strategic partnerships or alliances as appropriate to enhance or further develop products where this represents the best commercial approach.
- Actively monitor competitors across products, consumer activity and technology to ensure that these drive product thinking and direction to evolve and develop differentiation and product proposition.
- Define, measure and improve key product metrics with a focus on profitability and return on investment.Our ValuesFriendly – We look out for people’s best interests, and show them we care by dealing with them in a warm and friendly manner. Inventive – We’re creative and resourceful. We strive to improve what we do and how we do it, so we can provide the best ideas and solutions to look after people, their homes and communities. Respectful – We listen, consult and take on-board people’s opinions and needs. We understand the importance of the home and community in people’s lives, and act with respect at all times. Skilled – We’ve the qualifications, experience and take great pride in our work to consistently deliver the highest standards and value for money. We’re informed, and we’re always building on that knowledge to constantly improve our quality of service. Trustworthy – We’re always professional, reliable, open and honest. People can depend on us to keep our promises and follow through on our commitments.The BenefitsOur customers deserve the best and the same applies to our people. We’ll support you with all of the technology, training and support that you need to do your job well. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefit packages. In addition to the core benefits, we also offer a range of exclusive discounts on extra benefits to help you and your family make the most of your money, safeguard your future and look after your health.DiversityWe’re committed to promoting diversity at FirstPort and recruit on merit. We will consider applications from job share applicants.Ready to Apply?Click the below apply button to start your application for this role. We will ask you to upload your CV and answer a few questions. You may also be asked to complete verbal and numerical reasoning tests online.If you meet the criteria for the role we’ll be in touch to arrange a short telephone interview and our shortlist of candidates will be invited to attend interviews with the hiring manager and up to three other key stakeholders.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.