Enterprise Software Product Manager
At nPlan, we are making construction more predictable via a comprehensive understanding of plan outcomes, and a crucial part of that is being able to deliver deep insights for very large construction schedules. In this role, you’ll be working with our CTO, Product Designer, Tech and Commercial teams to help solve some of the most challenging problems facing the construction industry.
We’re working with some of the largest infrastructure projects in the world, which means an opportunity to have a true impact on the world around us.
You’ll be joining a world class team, backed by top investors from the US and UK that all believe in the future we can enable. We won the hottest Proptech startup at the Europas in 2019, Forbes think we are 1 of 10 machine learning companies to look out for and we recently picked up the best early stage company award at TechCrunch Disrupt.
What We Need You To Do
As our first Product Manager you will be involved in many aspects of what we do. You will have to repeatedly go from detailed technical and mathematical descriptions of our technology, to user-centric outcomes. For example, how can you translate from a multi-layered distribution of fat tailed probabilities given by our ML models into a quickly legible metric (and graphic) which is both meaningful and valuable to project planners (our users)?
You will have a heavy influence on what we do, and why we do it, by learning to extract information from a limited, but very engaged and very valuable, set of users.
You will report to our CTO and work in very tight collaboration with very technical Data Science and Machine Learning teams, trying to convert “what is possible” into “what is valuable”.
Some of the things you will be involved in are:
- Iterate the product vision and strategy with the CTO and Product Designer.
- Create roadmaps based on the vision and strategy.
- Design ways to collect and interpret user feedback.
- Identify how to turn customer needs into user stories and product features.
- Lead the prioritisation of user stories and epics with engineering.
- Empower engineers to understand and act upon what our users need.
- Manage how we communicate with our users within the product.
We Need You To Have
- Experience in a B2B, Enterprise SaaS, or internal-facing product role.
- Maths and stats at a level that is sufficient to understand forecasting outputs and communicate with both end-users (high level) and engineers (detail).
- A strong ability to own priorities and coordinate (“know when to say no”).
- A strong sense of empathy with users.
- Knowledge of how to design SaaS platforms.
- Please mention the word ‘crane’ in your application (attention to detail).
We’d Like You To Have
- Experience managing a successful B2B SaaS product.
- Numerical degree (Maths/CS/Stats) and/or engineering degree.
- Technical experience (e.g. development or engineering).
- Led a product group before.
- Worked with Data Science or Machine Learning teams in the past.
- An understanding of forecasting, uncertainty and probabilities.
- An understanding of the construction industry, planning and/or risk.
The Typical NPlanauts Are
- Generally curious about the world.
- Serious, without taking themselves too seriously.
- Able to define their own work independently.
- Proactive about improving the world around them.
- Open-minded about new technical ideas.
- Willing to change their mind on the basis of the evidence.
What Working At NPlan Will Be Like
- We are still a small team so there is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the product, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts, not who you are or where you’re from.
- We have three core values that underlie everything we do: Learn from Everything, Be Radically Truthful, and Aim High, Run Fast. These enable us to create a collaborative, inclusive environment where we can move effectively and efficiently to implement the best solutions.
- We are a cross-disciplinary team, and come from all backgrounds and countries. We offer Visa sponsorship and contribute to relocation costs.
- Fantastic benefits package for Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Development, family leave, weekly team lunches and more.
- We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.
- Having time to yourself and a private life is important. We offer a very flexible work environment and a generous holiday policy.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.