Job Role: Estates Manager Redhill (Ref 4563)
Location: Redhill, Surrey
Salary: £10,691.20 per annum
Job Sector: Retirement – Independent Living
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am – 1pm or 9:30am – 1:30pm (20 hours per week)
As the Estates Manager you will contribute to our vision of being the favourite residential property manager, as recognised by others by:
- Adopting a proactive and strategic focus, having overall operational accountability for the whole estate, landscapes and its buildings ensuring compliance, health safety and wellbeing, service excellence for our customers.
- Ensuring value for money management service to our customers and achieve high standards of performance to create a welcoming, friendly and courteous environment for our residents.
- Being passionate about delivering consistently high standards of customer service, working within our Four Pillar strategy, ensuring the estate well maintained and demonstrate full compliance with our own policies, procedures and internal performance measures whilst working to deliver development specific and tailored requirements.
This role reports to the Area Manager and working within a team of up to 25 other colleagues.
- Delivering effective service levels and first point of contact, acting as the FirstPort representative towards customers, as appropriate, ensuring all areas aspects of the development are fully presentable, serviced and properly maintained. To include building and maintaining working relationships with the committee of any Residents Association attending their meetings as appropriate.
- Identify any vulnerable Residents and carry out regular checks on them to ensure their individual health, safety, and wellbeing. In the event of an emergency contact the appropriate response teams or agencies. Build and maintain links with next of kin, local authorities, Doctors, Social Workers, Health Authority etc as required.
- Support and induct new Residents moving into the estate, welcoming them helping them to settle into their new surroundings.
- Effective cost control and review of expenditure and accounts ensuring the estate stays within budget.
- Attend regular meetings with the Resident’s Association and ensure issues are promptly administered and dealt with within the agreed timeframes and maintain a high visible profile around the estate.
- Undertake required risk assessments, health & safety checks, and routine testing requirements, including the testing of all emergency call units within 3 months, ensuring concerns are acted upon and completed within given timeframe. Be vigilant to any breaches of rules and regulations as contained in the Lease and Deed and the local Green Book.
- Monitoring and supervision of contractors, carrying out works on and around the estate. Raising of works orders and ensuring reactive/planned maintenance are conducted to a high quality.
- Help build a sense of community by encouraging and supporting the Social Committee to plan and run social events.
- Assist in the re-sale of property on the estate. Carry out internal and external property viewings on behalf of those agents who have a formal arrangement with FirstPort. Ensure all discussions are in line with company policy and delivered in a positive manner.
- Support the active promotion of business initiatives, designed to raise the Company profile and/or generate additional business and carry out any additional duties as assigned by the Area Manager acting as an ambassador for the business at all times, delivering an exceptional level of service to all our customers.
To apply for this job please visit www.firstport.co.uk.