Website Pi Labs
Who We Are
We are the first and most active Venture Capital Proptech firm in Europe, having invested in 46 portfolio companies. Our fund is a leader within its investment vertical – predominantly focusing on pre-seed to Series A investments in the UK and Europe, with the flexibility to invest internationally. We run a 4-month accelerator programme, helping businesses make significant progress by providing strategic mentorship, office space and 360° business support.
We’re now looking for new members of the Pi Labs family – ambitious and driven collaborators who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will push both us and the start-ups we’ve backed to do greater things.
What We Believe
We believe in ground-breaking founders and ideas that will create a better world in which we live and work. Our vision is to invest, mentor and accelerate high calibre proptech start-ups, particularly those with the passion and ability to build scalable, global businesses which will disrupt the property industry. While the commercial performance and inherent scalability of each venture is important, we also consider their capacity to address social problems facing the world today such as sustainability and the housing shortage.
The Finance Associate will report directly to the Head of Finance and will be responsible for the day-to-day finance and accounting function across the Pi Labs entities.
New joiners will be part of a fun, dynamic team on the verge of growth, making it an exciting time to enter the company. You will benefit from learning more about venture capital, start-ups and all areas of the business.
Role responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Timely and accurate processing of transactions within Xero.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and year end packs.
- Assist external accountants with documentation required for annual accounts, audit and corporation tax returns.
- Timely and accurate preparation and submission of the group VAT return.
- Assist external fund administrators with documentation required for quarterly investor reports, drawdown notices and distribution payments.
- Track and analyse the companies within the Pi Labs portfolio and provide detailed company updates.
- Uphold strong communication skills and relationships with the Pi Labs investors.
- Maintaining relationships with suppliers and ensuring payments are made on time.
- Assistance with FCA compliance requirements.
- 1-3 years of professional accountancy experience, preferably in a Venture Capital firm.
- Strong academic background with a 2:1 university degree minimum (or equivalent).
- Actively studying towards an accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT).
- Working knowledge of Xero accounting software.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills and the ability to multitask under time pressure, while paying attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively present information.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.