Looking for the next step in your career? How does this sound: a high-impact role at a fast-growing startup in a brand new, rapidly emerging tech category disrupting the largest asset class in the world? We don’t always use buzzwords, but in this case, they apply.
Real estate touches where every person lives, works and plays but until recently, tech was largely untouched in this industry. Now, real estate is becoming a user experience business, and companies building property technology (also known as “proptech”) are seeing massive opportunities to enhance the physical world.
At HqO, we are building a tenant experience platform that is already used in millions of square feet of commercial real estate across the US. The leading property owners and operators in the world are partnering with us on our mission to connect tenants to the places, experiences, and people that enrich where they live, work, and play.
There are many ways to describe our team. We work hard. We’re smart and passionate about the company we’re building. We stay humble. We’re obsessed with our customer. Oh, and we’re very funny. Whether it’s during our weekly lunch & learns, happy hours, coffee talks, or just an average day in the office, we always find time to make work fun. We eat our own dog food by creating a place that WE love. If you work with us, you will always be learning, improving, and teaching. Want to help us create places people love? Let’s talk.
About The Role
- You will work to solve some of our most challenging problems with our architecture team
- You will work to design systems and API’s that power the HQO software that people love to use every day
- You will develop key strategies for how your team scales fault-tolerant systems and work with techops to operate the software at scale
- You will develop, maintain, create testing strategies, and design discussion for our API’s written primarily in NodeJS and hosted in AWS
- You will act as a mentor for other talented engineers in tech reviews, pull requests, and act as a thought leader in our guild communities
- You will work as part of an agile team to deliver software under fast timelines
- BS in Computer Science or related area of study
- You have 8+ years of relevant work experience creating web services at scale
- Expertise in Relational Databases and managing schema migrations
- Excellent Object Oriented programming skills
- Significant experience with AWS and or relevant cloud technologies
- Experience in modern JS frameworks like React, Redux
- A natural curiosity about how things work
- Worked team-wide Containerization Tech – Docker and Kubernetes
- The ability to write comprehensive test suites at all levels of our architecture
Learning and teaching is an important part of the culture here at HqO. We will encourage you to try new things and expand your horizons. We want you to mentor and teach others about what you have learned. We are constantly learning how to do things better and collaborating with team members in our squads or as a member of a guild.
- Equity opportunity in an early stage startup
- Health, Dental, Vision, Commuter and 401k
- Flexible PTO
- Great location near South Station
Equal Opportunity Employer
HqO is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.