The majority of large-scale construction projects are critically delayed, which comes with a huge financial cost: approx. $2T globally in lost productivity every year. So why do these critical delays consistently occur? Put simply, it is incredibly difficult to correctly estimate the duration of future activities. At nPlan, we’re learning how the world was built and we’re actively using that knowledge to help current and future projects to be delivered on time. We’re fundamentally rewiring how the construction industry operates and our customers (contractors, developers, governments and banks) are incredibly excited about what the world will look like, thanks to our technology.
You’ll be joining a world class team, backed by top investors from the US and UK that all believe in the future we can enable. We won the hottest Proptech startup at the Europas in 2019, Forbes think we are 1 of 10 machine learning companies to look out for and we recently picked up the best early stage company award at TechCrunch Disrupt.
What We Need You To Do
- Work directly with our clients (the largest infrastructure contractors and owners) to help them understand our results and, most importantly, take action.
- Lead the introspection of the statistical outputs from our Machine Learning models onto real world projects, checking the predictions generated with the logic presented.
- Work with our product team to help them understand the perspective of the user, rigorously test our product on projects and make sure it’s something you would have wanted to use in your past roles. Build something you love.
- Follow your work through to the last mile with our clients and our product team, gathering feedback and implementing responses quickly.
What You Bring To NPlan
- You’ve got 3-8 years of experience in modelling risk quantitatively, which means you’re well versed in Quantitative Schedule Risk Analysis (QSRA) from its basic principles to the use of software tools like Primavera Risk Analysis (Pertmaster), @Risk or similar.
- You have strong quantitative skills, with a good understanding of statistics. You should know about probability distribution types, fat/long tails, sampling, and be able to explain them in plain English.
- You’ve been working in risk management or analytics for large scale building, energy, infrastructure, or other capital projects, with exposure to project planning/scheduling – you are confident at being able to read and understand gantt charts.
- You’ve been able to communicate your work (especially verbally) with a wide variety of stakeholders on a variety of projects, and can demonstrate your ability to influence decision makers.
- Your experiences in risk give you perspective to bring to the table but more importantly, you are excited about how nPlan’s approach is fundamentally different and valuable.
- You have an eye for details. If you’ve read this far, mention the word “crane” in your application 🙂
- You’re excited about the impact of what we’re building: your energy, determination and drive inspire others to push for ambitious targets.
- Knowledge of project management, project control processes and contracting mechanisms are bonuses but not essential.
The Typical NPlanauts Are
- Generally curious about the world.
- Serious, without taking themselves too seriously.
- Able to define their own work independently.
- Proactive about improving the world around them.
- Open-minded about new technical ideas.
- Willing to change their mind on the basis of the evidence.
What Working At NPlan Will Be Like
- We are still a small team so there is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the product, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts, not who you are or where you’re from.
- We are a cross-disciplinary team, and come from all backgrounds and countries. We offer Visa sponsorship and contribute to relocation costs.
- Fantastic benefits package for Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Development, family leave, weekly team lunches and more.
- We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.
- Having time to yourself and a private life is important. We offer a very flexible work environment and a generous holiday policy.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.