Senior Business Development Associate
PointCentral is looking for a Senior Business Development Associate to be a part of a team within the rapidly growing Multifamily PropTech / IoT sector. The ideal candidate will have a background in sales and/or business development with a demonstrated ability to prospect for new business while possessing a highly consultative and strategic approach to generating new business. To be successful in the role, this person will thrive in a fast-paced environment, be able to work with several departments both internally and externally and have a background in smart home technology and/or the multifamily vertical.
The Senior Business Development Associate primary job responsibilities will include:
- Prospects for new business by cold calling, researching new clients and networking, crafting strategic email campaigns, and participating in key industry events
- Provides a consultative, value-based sales experience to prospects
- Effectively influence the sales process even while selling through channel partner
- Develops new leads and identifies opportunities through the discovery process
- Develops strong, strategic relationships with service providers who are authorized to re-sell PointCentral solutions
- Researches and analyzes new areas of opportunity within the business to increase revenue and profitability based on consumer behavior and other identifying factors
- Liaises with other PointCentral team members, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, technical account management and PointCentral leadership to represent the needs of the multifamily vertical
- All other responsibilities and projects, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 4+ years of field sales experience with a track record of achieving sales quotas and generating new business
- Experience using Salesforce or similar CRM
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Successful history of client and account management and business development
- Strong understanding of smart home technologies and SaaS business models
- Highly motivated, self-starter with ability to work independently
- Accountable for results, with excellent follow-through
- Ability to sell concepts and value-added services a must
- Strong technical and computer skills and aptitude
- Team player with an extremely positive attitude and flexibility in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet a minimum of 25% travel for industry events and key customer opportunities
WHY WORK FOR POINTCENTRAL?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: We hire only the best. Our standards are high and our employees enjoy working alongside other high achievers.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given real responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the PointCentral team!
- Gain well rounded experience: PointCentral offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and develop expertise across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with the latest technologies: You’ll gain exposure to a broad spectrum of IoT, SaaS and M2M technologies including wireless communication, video monitoring, smart home automation, web development, and backend application development and hosting.
- Focus on fun: PointCentral places high value on our team culture. We even have a committee dedicated to hosting a stand-out holiday party, happy hours, and other fun corporate events.
PointCentral, a subsidiary of Alarm.com, offers competitive pay and benefits including a wide choice of healthcare options with generous company subsidy, a health savings account option with company contribution, 401(k) with employer match, paid holidays and paid time off increasing with tenure, paid maternity and paternity leave, company paid STD/LTD and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a casual dress work environment.
For more information, please visit www.alarm.com.
Alarm.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment, record keeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.