Utility Billing Analyst
Website Enertiv, Inc.
We are looking for an experienced Utility Billing Analyst to join our Client Success team. You must have at least 2 years of experience in utility billing and auditing. This individual will be responsible for managing the process to support our ATB (Automatic Tenant Billing) and MRA (Meter Reading App) products. Specifically, you will be responsible for setting up new billing clients, generating monthly utility invoices across our portfolio of billing clients, and auditing the bills. You will assist with customer service and support relating to submetering inquiries from the landlords and tenants. We are a distributed team and members are encouraged to work from wherever they are most comfortable and productive.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
Achievement-oriented: enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail.
Detail-oriented: would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
High-stress tolerance: thrives in a high-pressure environment
Adaptable/flexible: enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
Dependable: more reliable than spontaneous
- Quality check software-generated bills to confirm the accuracy of utility costs, distribution charges, and other fees
- Maintain accurate rates and tariffs
- Review tenant leases to ensure the use of proper tariffs and rates
- Manually process utility bills that are not available through the digital bill retrieval platform
- Provide customer support to users performing manual meter reads via software applications
- Perform an annual review of the utility tariff structures in major cities where the company operates
- Review and improve internal processes for bill generation in close cooperation with the software team
- investigate and resolve utility bill anomalies and variances
- Work directly with clients’ accounting and property management teams to maintain an accurate and up-to-date tenant stacking plan
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the Utility Billing field.
- Demonstrable experience analyzing and modeling utility tariffs
- Understand the difference between consumption (kWh) and demand (kW)
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize work based on multiple factors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Previous experience as a Billing Analyst or in a similar role for 3-5 years
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel and Google Sheets.
- Proficiency in the Google GSuite apps.
- Knowledge of Django is a plus
- Paid vacation and personal days
- Work from home budget
- Generous transportation benefits
- Health insurance including dental & vision
- Enertiv Explore company-sponsored team adventures
Enertiv creates asset value for commercial real estate portfolios by improving productivity and reducing operating expenses related to maintenance and repairs, utilities and equipment CapEx reserves. The Enertiv Platform is designed to unlock and leverage every piece of building data, from static documents to legacy software and systems, to connected IoT devices. With this data, we deliver unprecedented transparency and actionable insights for every stakeholder, from the boardroom to the boiler room.
Today, over 75 leading commercial real estate portfolios in the US and Europe run their operations on the Enertiv platform. Our solutions are tailored to specific asset classes including office, multifamily, logistics/warehouse, data centers, and hotels. On average, across all of our projects, we’ve added $0.54 per square foot in NOI and deliver a payback in less than a year. Our investors are some of the top funds in the proptech space.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.