Website Orbital Witness
We’re an award-winning LegalTech-meets-PropTech start-up focused on simplifying and accelerating the legal portion of any property transaction using technology. This is a pivotal and exciting moment to join Orbital Witness. Despite the unprecedented challenges facing early stage businesses, we have recently closed our seed round (£3.3m in April 2020) with the backing of the very best early stage venture capital funds in Europe (including LocalGlobe and Seedcamp) alongside strategic investment from some of the world’s largest real estate companies and financial institutions (JLL, Starwood Capital and Investec).
To become the universal risk rating for land and property, replacing a 150-year-old legacy process of manual due diligence – an ‘Experian for the global real estate industry’.
Our mission is to help any professional or individual involved in a property transaction to properly understand what they are getting into, from the outset, before incurring legal fees.
We are looking for a passionate and diligent engineer to join the Orbital Witness team in building our SaaS product for automated legal assessment of property and land.
You’ll own the end-to-end development process of key features in our web applications and underlying services as well as being a primary driver of product and technology strategy. You’ll be joining a small, dynamic team with a focus on quality, usability and impact. You’ll be involved in every stage of the development lifecycle; from discovery and design, through implementation to deployment, maintenance and improvement. You will be supported by a cross-functional, collaborative and growing team in delivering an impactful product to real users.
You will get the chance to:
- Develop, test, refactor, deploy, maintain and support production software;
- Collaborate with a cross functional team (product managers, designers, data engineers and data scientists) to define user stories and implementation details of functional and non-functional requirements;
- Champion quality across the product and the codebase;
- Collaborate with individuals across the business to ensure the features you develop have real business impact for customers and actually move key business metrics;
- Participate in architecture and code reviews to continuously improve the quality, maintainability, security and scalability of our applications;
- Develop the apps and services underpinning our existing product as well as laying the groundwork for the company’s ambitious growth plans.
You should apply if:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent experience;
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- You have professional experience developing .NET applications in a production environment as well as prior experience or a keen interest in Python;
- You have experience working with non-trivial application architectures using concepts like containerisation and microservices;
- You believe testing, code quality and user experience are important and prioritise improving non-functional requirements for yourself and the rest of your team;
- You’re comfortable with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery and being responsible for the code you write in production;
- You’re familiar with developing single page applications (SPAs) using rest APIs and JSON;
- You are comfortable working with relational databases (we primarily use Postgres / PostGIS);
- You’re interested in working with GIS / Geospatial data;
- You prefer to ship early and often and you iterate your designs based on feedback from colleagues and data on customer behaviour.
What’s on offer
- £60k – £70k starting salary, matched pension contributions and equity options in a fast growing startup;
- Flexible working hours and location;
- 25 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays);
- Professional equipment budget and training opportunities;
- Cycle-to-work scheme;
- An inclusive community enjoying all-company offsites, lunches and socials.
We value diversity at Orbital Witness, and would particularly encourage applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. We’d love to hear from you even if you don’t match all of the above criteria or are seeking other opportunities that we’re not currently advertising
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.