Cottage is solving housing affordability via an end-to-end platform for building Accessory Dwelling Units (“ADUs”). Recent regulatory changes allow homeowners to create additional housing supply and sources of income out of empty bedrooms, garages and backyards. However, the complexity of financing, construction and acquiring and serving tenants have been barriers to adoption. Cottage makes building an ADU as simple as saying yes, handling the design, permitting, and construction of a custom ADU in a hassle-free process.
Cottage is backed by top tier seed funds and proptech/fintech angel investors. The team are Bay Area natives, formerly early Uber operations, Uber Eats growth and WeWork design. Join us in tackling one of the biggest problems facing cities today.
About the Role
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the early team at Cottage which will work closely together to craft and execute upon our business strategy.
At Cottage, we’re building a platform to build custom ADUs at a speed, quality and price that an individual homeowner can’t access themselves. As the first Sales and Project Management hire for Cottage, you’ll be responsible for developing how Cottage sells & communicates with our customers – from beginning to end of their ADU process. You’ll also develop early perspectives on how we can work to optimize and improve our customer relationships during acquisition and during the ongoing projects.
You’ll begin as an individual contributor, helping Cottage achieve ambitious growth goals, with the potential to grow into a management role, helping to build our sales and project management team. In the role, you’ll work in close partnership with the Head of Growth, the Head of Design and Delivery, our General Contractor partners, and our customers.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with the founding team on building Cottage from the ground up – including its business strategy, culture, and offerings to homeowners
- Handle our inbound customers at high volume and velocity, via phone, SMS, email, and future channels
- Own our sales pipeline while building relationships with our homeowners during the sales process and through the eventual construction project
- Gain deep knowledge about ADUs and homeowners to deliver tailored ADU project suggestions that fit their financial and other needs
- Hone Cottage’s tone of voice and pitch among our different customer segments
- Develop our sales process to grow Cottage efficiently and rapidly
- Hustle, get creative, and have fun!
What You’ll Need
- 2-4+ years of experience in sales or operations in an early stage, high-growth tech environment; experience managing a sales team or experience in real estate tech sales / other real estate sales is a plus
- Proven track record of high performance in a pipeline generating or closing role
- A passion for real estate, ADUs, and new solutions to impacted housing markets
- Analytical, data-driven mindset; you’re capable of owning a number and moving it in the right direction
- Collaborative work style; you work well with a cross-functional team and are able to able to operate with many ideas and inputs
- An excitement to experiment, try new things, and be creative
- Comfort with a fast-paced, rapidly changing and ambiguous (but fun!) work environment
- Competitive compensation
- Top of the line medical, dental and vision benefits
- Participation in Cottage’s 401k plan
- A dynamic and passionate work environment — we’re in it together and the sky’s the limit
- Empowerment to make decisions, act quickly, and be an owner
Cottage celebrates and is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for the benefit of our people, products, and communities.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.