Cottage is solving housing affordability via an end-to-end platform for designing, financing and building Accessory Dwelling Units (“ADUs”).
Recent regulatory changes have empowered homeowners to build new housing supply out of empty backyards, garages and basements. ADUs can be a great investment for homeowners, naturally affordable housing for renters and steady work for contractors. The COVID pandemic has only created additional urgency for many homeowners who need extra space for loved ones.
That’s not to say it’s easy to build an ADU today. Cottage was born out of the pain points we felt firsthand navigating the process — from understanding municipal zoning code, finding the right designers and contractors, to keeping a project on time and on budget.
Cottage is backed by top tier seed funds and proptech/fintech angel investors. The team are formerly early Uber operations, Uber Eats growth, WeWork design and Opendoor expansion. Join us in tackling one of the biggest problems facing cities today.
About the Role
We are looking for a passionate, ambitious and motivated Growth Operations Manager to join our team! This role is for someone who wants to be part of an exciting start-up, solving complicated challenges that touch everyday consumers.
As a Growth Operations Manager, you are responsible for bringing new clients and partnerships to the platform. You will work directly with the Head of Growth to build and manage a pipeline of homeowners as well as contribute to the efficiency of the Cottage’s sales process, growth goals and business development initiatives.
At this early stage of the business, you’ll learn how to design a strategic sales process, become an expert in our offering and, develop campaigns to growth hack for Cottage, and learn learn skills in communication, persuasion, and operations.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with the founding team on building Cottage from the ground up – including its business strategy, culture, and offerings to homeowners
- Simultaneously own our sales pipeline and our sales & growth playbook; you’ll handle inbound leads via email, text and phone.
- Implement processes, tools to improve conversion, and make our acquisition machine as efficient as possible
- Explore new avenues for growth by collaborating with the rest of the Cottage team as well as owning ideation, implementation, execution, and analysis.
What You’ll Need
- 2+ years of experience in sales, business development, or operations in an early stage or high-growth tech environment
- Strong social and communication skills as well as comfort in talking to new people
- Hustle, ambition, and a competitive drive to hit and exceed goals
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively – you’ll be managing relationships with dozens of homeowners simultaneously
- An excitement to experiment, try new things, and be creative
- Comfort with a fast-paced, rapidly changing and ambiguous (but fun!) work environment
- Passion for real estate, architectural design and home improvement!
- Competitive salary with uncapped commission
- Early-stage employee equity — let’s build this rocketship together 🙂
- Top of the line medical, dental and vision benefits
- Participation in Cottage’s 401k plan
- A dynamic and passionate work environment — we’re in it together and the sky’s the limit
- Empowerment to make decisions, act quickly, and be an owner
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.