Website Altus Group
Opportunity Awaits at Altus Group! The opportunity This is your chance to develop, build, and grow business intelligence at a global tech company. In this role, you will work closely with teams across the organization; translating their business needs into BI solutions. As our next BI Specialist, you will build reports, data models, and dashboards from scratch; focusing on driving efficiency and accelerating Altus’ already impressive growth trajectory.
This is a 1-year maternity leave contract.
Who You Are
You’re a self-starter who takes initiative and drives projects forward. You are well-versed in business intelligence and data visualization and want to outline the path and big picture for BI at Altus. You listen closely to the needs of the internal clients you work with and promptly define resolutions to their challenges with logic and creativity. You can quickly shift gears and adapt to the unique needs of each project and department you work with.
What’s In It For You
- Impact. You will be a hands-on player in developing business intelligence across our 75+ offices, working across teams, time zones, and cultures. Your work will set the foundation for innovation in the PropTech and commercial real estate industries.
- Cross-functional expertise. You will gain hands-on experience in every department in the organization and will become a subject matter expert on internal processes. The exposure you gain in different business areas will open doors for you whether they’re at Altus or elsewhere.
Here’s what our new Business Intelligence Specialist will focus on:
- BI Strategy. You will:
- Collaborate with the BI Architect to establish standards and operating procedures for business intelligence infrastructure.
- Research, implement and maintain business intelligence best practices across the organization.
- Learn new tools that will elevate our BI offering and bring more value to our end users.
- Internal business needs. You will:
- Collaborate with internal teams to understand their challenges and will develop solutions that overcome them.
- Build reports from scratch; sharing insights, recommendations, and next steps with your internal clients.
- Educate and train team members on the use and benefits of Tableau and other BI tools such as data cleansing/structuring, automation, machine learning, and AI.
- Data modelling. You will:
- Work closely with our Data Specialists to create models that clearly summarize data and highlight observed trends.
- Identify areas where BI, data modelling and visualization can be applied to drive efficiency.
- Support internal teams on Tableau and with database server management.
- Reporting and communication. You will:
- Create and present visually-appealing reports, dashboards, and business analytics to stakeholders across the organization.
- Provide impartial transparency into progress of projects.
- Ensure that communication processes are effective, and linkages are maintained between business units and the organization’s strategic direction.
So, how do we know you are the next Business Intelligence Specialist, you have:
- The education. You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field. You ideally have a Tableau, Data Warehousing, or Data Science certification.
- The experience. You have 3+ years of hands-on BI experience and have successfully used Tableau or similar tools to develop BI solutions in the past. You have a deep knowledge of data structuring, data analysis, and business intelligence. You are well-versed in SQL and are familiar with an array of CRM and ERP systems.
- Communication skills. You are a strong verbal and written communicator who can clearly articulate project needs to a diverse range of stakeholders including those at the President and Manager level. You proactively follow up on action items and don’t hesitate when it comes to picking up the phone or sending an email.
- The collaborative approach. You’re a relationship-builder who enjoys working closely with and learning from internal teams. You easily gain the trust of your team members and are excellent at defining the big-picture vision and obtaining stakeholder buy-in from senior leaders.
Altus Group Is
- Fast. We are responsive and fast, developing new solutions and features that meet the demands of our users. With the solid financial stability of our bigger parent-group, we can offer the best of both worlds – cool tech, great benefits, challenges and rewards.
- First. We continuously innovate to stay ahead of our competitors. We set the standard for the PropTech industry.
- Fun. From social Fridays to summer sailing; from holiday parties to mid-winter hackathons, we know how to take a step back and relax with co-workers.
- Future-focused. As an organization, we are focused on growing our reach and our product offering. For anyone joining us, this means the chance to work on critical projects that will shape the success of our clients and grow your own career moving up to the next level, choosing to specialize or exploring different product teams.
We thank you in advance for taking the time to learn more about what makes Altus a great place to grow your career and do some of your best work. Apply now, refer a friend or stay on top of what’s new by following us on LinkedIn .
Come realize your potential at Altus Group!
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com or 416-641-9500.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.