In April 2015 the Government established the Ebbsfleet Development Corporation (EDC), an Urban Development Corporation with development management planning powers to deliver a new Garden City at Ebbsfleet in North Kent. Ebbsfleet Garden City; where London meets the Garden of England is an exciting new community of up to 15,000 homes and 30,000 jobs. The Garden City is focused around Ebbsfleet International Railway Station and also embraces the existing communities of Swanscombe, Northfleet, Greenhithe and the adjacent towns of Dartford and Gravesend. The Corporation is now recruiting to the role of Asset and Facilities Manager
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Asset and Facilities Manager will lead on all aspects of the management of the land and buildings within the ownership and/or control of the EDC, to ensure that they are managed safely and efficiently. This role will manage the EDC’s outsourced Asset Management contract to ensure adherence to all required standards. Working closely with the Director of Projects and EDC Project Managers, the Asset and Facilities Manager will ensure that robust land and buildings risk management arrangements are in place and will work to ensure that all legal and statutory requirements are met. The role will also provide competent advice, information, analysis and commentary to inform decisions made by the EDC Board on all Health and Safety matters and, where required, by our sponsor Department, the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG).
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Asset & Facilities Management & Delivery
- Contract manage the outsourced estate management supplier who provides the day to day property asset management and facilities functions for all EDC owned buildings and sites.
- Work with the supplier to plan and prepare for any new EDC site acquisitions as and when these occur. This will include negotiating any additional costs with them for managing the new sites.
- Work with the supplier to ensure high levels of performance and value for money on all activities including the use of third party suppliers.
- Work closely with the EDC Projects Team to ensure that all asset and property management requirements are embedded into all EDC projects and business case documentation from inception to operation ensuring a smooth transition across to the Asset Management supplier.
- Work closely with the EDC’s Finance Team to ensure that all financial aspects of asset management comply with the EDC’s financial framework, and all financial reporting requirements are complied with in a timely manner.
- Prepare, monitor and report proactively on financial budgets for asset and facilities management functions. Ensure any assets are managed in line with Business Case budgets and work closely with the Project Managers to ensure that if any action is required this is identified early.
- Presentation of property management reports to EDC Infrastructure and Investment Panel and Board; and input to other reports where appropriate.
Health, Safety & Environment Compliance
- Provide a strategic health and safety oversight and assurance function that enables the EDC and its staff to deliver its core functions in compliance with statutory health and safety legislation.
- Monitoring and management of EDC’s risk assessments to ensure risks are promptly assessed and mitigated.
- Design and implement a programme of cross workplace health and safety audits and other proactive and reactive monitoring activities ensuring that deficiencies and good practice are identified, disseminated and addressed.
- Provide competent assistance and advice ensuring that all incidents are reported and investigated and where appropriate the HSE is notified of all RIDDOR reportable incidents.
- Ensure all health and safety non-compliance is investigated, reported and escalated as appropriate and addressed if and when appropriate.
- Ensure that any lessons learnt are used to update working practices and are communicated across the workplace, to minimise risk and further exposure to incidents.
- Advise on strategies and practical measures to help the Corporation achieve its ambitions to be an environmentally sustainable occupier and property owner.
Ad hoc Projects
- When required assist the projects team, in preparation of project briefs, collation of pre-construction information and new site mobilisations.
- Delivery of small works projects as and when required.
- 5-10 years’ experience of asset and facilities management or contract management, preferably in a land & property setting; and
- Hold a NEBOSH Diploma Certificate or have equivalent experience / sound knowledge of HSE
- Demonstrable experience of managing land and property assets and facilities management of corporate offices;
- Experience of performance managing outsourced asset management contracts, preferably in a land and property setting, ensuring high quality, robust, property management processes and controls are in place and maintained;
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in Health and Safety Management processes and procedures, preferably in a land and property setting where multiple risks exist;
- Substantive experience of acting as a competent advisor in all matters relating to Health and Safety
- Experience of assembling and managing financial budgets, preferably in a land and property setting;
- A demonstrable understanding of the risks associated with ownership of land and property, including large vacant sites and corporate occupied offices, and the ability to effectively manage these risks;
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary and matrix management environment; and
- Strong customer relationship skills, a passion for innovation and continuous improvement; and commercial understanding of P&L/Budgets.
Key skills and abilities for this role include
- A flexible and resilient approach to problem solving, with the ability to overcome challenges when presented, drawing on others for their assistance when required;
- Strong collaborative skills to work across teams and organisations and the ability to draw on a broad range of expertise
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage and influence stakeholders and the ability to deliver clear messages;
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint;
- Highly organised and flexible, with the ability to work to tight deadlines;
- Team player with the ability to work flexibly as part of a small team with demanding targets, and to work under pressure.
Closing Date: 5pm, Monday 2 November 2020
To apply for this job please visit Apply.