Website British Land
Our strategy is to provide places which meet the needs of our customers and respond to changing lifestyles – Places People Prefer. We do this by creating great environments both inside and outside our buildings and use our scale and placemaking skills to enhance and enliven them. This expands their appeal to a broader range of occupiers, creating enduring demand and driving sustainable, long term performance.
Sustainability is embedded throughout our business. Our places, which are designed to meet high sustainability standards, become part of local communities, provide opportunities for skills development and employment and promote wellbeing.
We are a diverse, curious team that believes in shared success and enabling people to be themselves and work in ways they work best. Our small expert team works alongside other expert people on some of the most ambitious, innovative projects in the country, and we are committed to offering our people a rewarding career journey where you can shape how you grow.
Our Places and People have a commitment to treat everyone equally, irrespective of your age, sex, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, religious or other philosophical belief, disability, gender identity, gender expression , marital or civil partner status, or pregnancy or maternity. If you want to feel listened to and understood in an environment where your opinions count and your ideas are encouraged, you’ve come to the right place!
Role Title Smart Places Project Manager
Location York House
Division Smart Places
Reporting to Fiona Sawkill
Reporting to the Smart Places Programme Manager, the role will support the delivery of projects within the Smart Places team –managing projects from inception to completion. This will require the ability to work across multiple projects and with multiple stakeholders concurrently. You will be a critical member of a dynamic and fast paced team. The successful candidate will need to be able to understand and manage the technical aspects of property-related projects, but also be a strong communicator, able to work with multiple internal stakeholders (technical and non-technical) and with external customers. A strong ability to identify and overcome challenges and achieve positive customer outcomes is key.
- Breed strong working relationship with business and IT functions (and any other relevant business teams) giving them a voice within Smart Placess projects
- Support project business analysts, working with key stakeholders in preparation of business case to initiate project
- Building project plans and cost estimates for each project
- Responsible for ensuring budget sign-off against technology & other project costs
- Facilitating meetings and workshops for project team members and wider business stakeholders
- Communication and management of project delivery and implementation plan
- Evaluating risks (project & process) and predicting potential problems
- Accountable for stakeholder management including project updates
- Effectively manage expectations of key stakeholders throughout the life cycle of change initiatives – from inception to delivery
- Ensuring plan, risks and finances associated with project delivery are tracked as required and made visible for governance and portfolio management purposes
- Understanding of overlaps/interactions with other elements of the Smart Places roadmap and any key interactions with other Business or Technology projects
- Represent the Smart Places team internally across the company – both in the business and technology
- Work with external customers to brief and onboard them into new systems (e.g. access control systems and associated processes, Onboarding customers onto tenant engagement platforms)
- Technical/Professional Knowledge – The ability and motivation to apply and develop one’s own professional and technical knowledge and to share this expertise with others.
- Proptech background – The ideal candidate will have a background in tech project delivery, ideally proptech in particular
- Customer Orientation – The ability to recognise both internal and external customers and the willingness to co-operate with them fully in order to help them achieve their objectives.
- Management – The ability to manage multiple projects, with multiple stakeholders and associated complexity
- Communication – The ability to speak and write so as to be clearly understood by others using appropriate language, vocabulary and style – including an ability to work at a technical level with technical colleagues and also operate in less technical terms with the business
- Adaptability – The ability to maintain effectiveness in a changing environment and the willingness to respond quickly and positively to change.
- Organising Work – The ability to marshal and manage resources (people, funding, materials and support) to achieve a project or task. Able to manage own time efficiently and to handle multiple activities in parallel to accomplish the goals.
- Initiative and judgement – The willingness to move things forward by acting idependently and the ability to know when and how to escalate as appropriate
- Achievement Orientation – The determination to set oneself and meet high standards, exceeding norms and expectations
- SDLC – SDLC exposure beneficial
British Land employees are committed to living our values and promoting an inclusive, positive and collaborative culture.
Bring Your Whole Self
- Confident, pro-active, hardworking and highly professional individual
- Treats everyone equally
Listen & Understand
- Seeks out, accepts and acts on feedback
- Awareness of and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Good team player, with positive attitude and eagerness to get involved
- Self-starter who uses own initiative
- Flexibility – able to deal with different levels of workload, remaining calm under pressure
Build for the future
- Willing to learn new skills and tools
- Works to a high standard and always strives to improve
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.