Website Landmark Information
Head of Software Engineering
UK, with travel to Reading/Exeter/Kent
Landmark Information Group holds a wide portfolio of market leading PropTech businesses that span an incredible range of markets and technology platforms across the sector. With well-known application suites, online services and massive national scale property data as well as premier geospatial datasets we are at the forefront of innovation and thought leadership in the industry.
We deliver award-winning solutions to estate agency, conveyancing, surveying, lender valuations, land asset management, environmental consultancy, and Government markets. This is a chance to join the business in a new pivotal role as we make major steps forward in leveraging the latest cloud and large-scale technologies to start bringing together the entire market to a unified platform.
This role is for a talented software leader and is all about defining and driving the technology convergence, creating a high-performance multi-service architecture and delivering large scale services using the latest techniques. As the Head of Software Engineering you will set the software agenda, inspire the teams to move to the latest proven techniques and continuously drive up all key measures of team and system performance.
Our approach is based on Scaled Agile Framework and a passion for technology innovation and entrepreneurialism, making Landmark uniquely placed to lead the next wave of digital transformation in the market with you taking a leading role at the very centre.
The Opportunity for You
Our new head of Software Engineering will be a proven expert and evangelist for moving to the latest and most well regarded industry operating models: creating thought leadership around the selection and implementation of key technologies, software engineering techniques and innovative approaches to large scale system delivery. You will focus on helping the teams to grow their skills and personal satisfaction across the whole software organisation. To plan, inspire, excite, and clearly communicate our ambitions to become a class leading software engineering practice.
At Landmark the software development team sits at the core of what we do. We are in the middle of a number of transformative and industry critical, high-profile projects that encompass the next stage of growth for the entire Landmark Group. This role is pivotal in defining and ensuring these major shifts take place with measurable improvement in the quality, predictability and speed of the product delivery processes as we move the whole delivery organisation to the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
Key responsibilities include:
· Support, manage, and coach an exceptional software development team to build high performance, elegant, scalable and innovative products and services, ensuring a mentoring culture exists within the teams to nurture and develop exceptional talent
· Leadership of software production techniques, coding methods and continuous delivery pipelines across both onshore and offshore teams, ensuring a blend of the two drive our software standards and metrics to industry- best metrics
· The role has oversight of all elements of a software delivery including Development, QA, DevOps, Release and Software Support, ensuring teams operate as autonomous units
· Putting in place a culture of continuous improvement with appropriate metrics in place to ensure teams monitor and drive themselves to the forefront of modern software development practices
· Working as one team with the Head of PMO, Product Portfolio Director and broader Product Management team to ensure we consistently deliver high quality customer value as part of the software delivery output
· Ensuring the teams adopt and constantly exploring new ways to deliver customer value as the technology stacks evolve
· Ensuring a security culture exists across the entire software engineering team with security thinking, analysis, design and coding methods embedded within the teams and the entire SDLC
· Leading change and inspiring others on the transformation journey, being able to operate at a fast pace in a high energy environment.
· The role has a strong technical element, and in collaboration with the CTO, is accountable for providing the overarching future technical direction for the portfolio. The role will evangelize and drive our existing products and services towards this vision.
Our Ideal Head of Software Engineering:
· Knowledge of taking a software engineering teams on a transformation journey to modern software development and technology frameworks
· Ability to instill a coaching and mentoring culture, identifying, and developing key software engineering talent
· Experience of managing teams that build modern api, web and multi-platform mobile based software in a cloud centric environment
· Extensive experience of managing onshore and offshore teams ensuring they are aligned to common goal
· Experience of driving a culture of continual improvement in software engineering ensuring the team operates at an optimal level
· Ability to build high-performing teams, driving performance and make difficult decisions where necessary
· Strong systems architecture and security implementation experience.
· Excellent understanding of delivering and growing Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) software delivery process
· Ability to be credible with software engineering teams by having a good understanding of modern software development technologies and modern cloud environments
· Strong experience of modern Agile development methods and frameworks, SAFe preferred.
· Skilled in business and process change
· Excellence in creating a working environment that drives excellence and collaboration
· Proven commercial experience, encompassing budget management and senior stakeholder management
· Accomplished presentation skills to senior stakeholders
· Self-driven personal development, remains aware of current/future technology developments and frameworks
· Good understanding of compliance and audit standards
What it’s like to work at Landmark
We hire ambitious and passionate talent into our business and are proud of the steps we take to maximise potential in our employees, nurturing and supporting their professional and personal development. We all know money makes the world go around, but at Landmark we understand that financial rewards also mean more than cash. We believe that for our employees to flourish, it’s important to strike a healthy work/life balance. We provide modern, open-plan and light working environments. We also offer:
- 25 days’ holiday, with optional 5 days unpaid leave per year
- Free fruit, biscuits, tea and coffee
- Annual lifestyle allowance of £300 to put towards an activity of your choice
- Cycle to Work and Gym Flex scheme
- Focus on training and career progression
- Competitive salary
· Discounted Share Options
- Private Medical Insurance
- Lots more
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.