Senior Software Engineer – Sustainability
Website Hylink Digital Solutions
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.2T U.S. construction industry. We strive to empower lenders, owners, builders, and vendors with innovative software, payments products & services that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity / collaboration and ensure better cost management as capital flows into and throughout the construction industry. Founded in 2015, Built now serves more than 110 of the top financial institutions in the US and Canada, including 25+ of the top 100 US construction lenders. In 2019, we completed our Series B raise led by Goldman Sachs bringing our total funding to $55M. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory.
As a technical contributor and leader in the Sustainability Team, you will be entrusted with ensuring the quality, stability, and reliability of Built’s current client-facing systems. This objective requires closely working with other members of the support engineering teams to deliver a world-class experience for new and current Built clients.
You will lead teams focusing on increasing platform stability through addressing production defects, automating redundant data tasks, and ensuring that customer information is stored in a scalable, performant fashion.
With Built’s world-wide reach, an evergreen business outcome is ensuring compliance with regulations such as GDPR and data sovereignty laws. Ensuring we have solid practices in place for a technical strategy for global data compliance will be critical.
- Responsibly break down monolithic legacy applications
- Definition of code standards, best practices, and design patterns
- Definition and tracking of KPIs for production performance and stability
- Coordinate with Product and Engineering on a high-level engineering roadmap
- Help new and existing developers understand Built’s code architecture, Standards, and technical platform vision through mentoring
- Design and manage technical tooling to assist client services
- Quantify and manage metrics for tracking code quality and usability
- Design and manage framework and code patterns for engineering teams
- Author, edit and update documentation to provide guidance and support for others
- Ensure support for the teams for visibility, resolution, and root-cause analysis of reported or discovered production defects.
Success In This Role Is Measured By
- Production defects (cycle time, reported/discovered, and count)
- Testing coverage
- Consistently improving the quality and quantity of output of others on the team
- Continuous iteration on and adoption of new processes
- Several years of experience leading both on and offshore teams in high-pressure situations
- Strong working knowledge of Typescript, Node and Python with a willingness to address PHP as needed
- Expertise in persistence layers such as MySQL and Redis
- Strong working knowledge of AWS products, such as SNS, SQS, Kinesis and Lambdas
- Several years of experience in SPA frameworks; React is a plus
- Several years of experience working in an Agile environment, preferably with Kanban
- Amazon DMS
- npm packaging
- Consulting experience is a plus
- Sales experience is an even bigger plus
- Database indexing experience, particularly with platforms such as ElasticSearch and Apache Solr
The rare opportunity to change the world and radically disrupt an industry
Competitive benefits including Unmetered Vacation; Health, Dental & Vision Insurance; and 401k
Weekly Team Lunches
Kitchen loaded with all the essentials to keep you productive
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.