Senior Software Engineer, Test Infrastructure
It’s an exciting time to join the VTS team – we recently reached unicorn status after raising $90 million in series D funding led by our clients (believed to be the largest venture financing in the history of commercial real estate software), we recently made the Forbes Cloud 100 list of the hottest private cloud companies, and were named one of Crain’s best places to work!
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have hubs in other major US cities, Toronto, CA, and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
How does this Position help VTS Succeed?
We are looking for an exceptional engineer with a strong Test Engineering background to work with our team to build and maintain monitor-able , performant, reliable and highly-scalable testing frameworks. The ideal candidate has a passion for assuring quality in all that they do, from the frameworks and processes they use to the support they deliver. You will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with QA, infrastructure, and application squad engineers and help drive department-wide initiatives to improve our testing effectiveness and tooling, and work to raise the testing bar for the next generation of VTS products, like VTS Market.
What Makes This Job Awesome?
- Contribute to our infrastructure team, whose mission is to provide and maintain a set of safe, reusable, common infrastructure and knowledge for other teams
- Support engineers and QA analysts by providing testing frameworks and education, improving TDD practices and driving change within both groups
- Drive adoption of new tools and innovations to increase performance and efficiency in quality assurance processes within engineering team
- Create visibility into product quality and production health using monitoring and analytics
- Partner with application squads to devise test strategy for new features and architectures
- Help develop and refine our big picture testing strategy
What Makes You A Great Fit?
- You have 5+ years of experience developing software with high level of test coverage
- You have used automated testing frameworks on a product engineering team
- You are a software engineer with a strong understanding of testing processes and concepts including test data generation
- You were a part of a collaborative team that used the latest CI/CD tools
- You have experience CI tools such as CircleCI, Travis, Bamboo, Jenkins or Hudson
- Bonus points if you have experience using Selenium, Cypress, Puppeteer, or RSpec
About Our Team
- We have a 90+ person product/engineering/design/QA team
- We work in small, cross-functional teams
- We value continuous learning in our everyday work
- We deploy daily and rely heavily on a variety of QA strategies including automated testing and CI
- We use agile development and lean startup principles and practices to deliver products
- Our stack: Ruby on Rails, React, Heroku, Postgres, AWS, Swift, Android
- Learn more on our engineering blog
What VTS Values & How We Show It
- Strive for Excellence – We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed – We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits. Not to mention the fun stuff – monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious – Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One – We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership – Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference – VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS is proud to operate an equal opportunity workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnic origin, creed, place of origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let email@example.com know.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.