Senior Software Engineer
Zibo is transforming the real estate financial market for rental property investors by becoming their go to platform that radically improves their experience with financial services and property insights.
Zibo sits at the intersection of fintech and proptech and is tackling a very large, but under-served market that still relies on antiquated, analog and opaque financial services. It is a digital financial services platform that provides landlords with the competitive banking, payment, lending, and insurance products they need to buy, grow, manage and sell properties. Our innovative, one-stop-shop for landlords simplifies the application process and eliminates the need to enter data more than once across products or time.
Data is at the core of our model – with insights from landlords, properties, and tenants, we create relevant offers for our customers and partners. We provide tools, benchmarking and predictive analytics on key operating and market metrics to help landlords improve their operating profit and cash flows.
By empowering independent landlords with competitive financial services and transparent information, Zibo enables them to improve returns, grow their businesses, simplify their lives and provide quality housing for millions of people.
Zibo brings together a unique team that includes some of the best real estate fintech investors in the industry (Canaan, QED, SVB Capital and Khosla Ventures) + a founding team that combines one of the world’s leading real estate tech entrepreneurs (Gregor Watson of Roofstock, Dwell and 1Sharpe), an experienced real estate investor and credit expert (Rob Bloemker of Dwell and 1Sharpe) and Chris Hsu — a proven leader with deep experience in software, data analytics and financial services — as the CEO.
Are you excited to innovate in a fast-paced financial services start-up? Keep reading if you are!
Zibo is an innovative platform that provides financial tools, services and data insights to property investors and their ecosystem. At Zibo, our vision is to provide an unparalleled digitized experience for the landlords.
We are looking for a passionate software engineer and a team player to innovate and build the Zibo platform foundations keeping the customer, security and reliability at the center of what we do.
- Key contributor to the Zibo platform architecture and system design.
- Develop and evolve the core Zibo platform foundations to enable various capabilities across the product (Hands-on design and coding).
- Evaluate, benchmark various technologies and cloud capabilities, and make relevant recommendations.
- Design and develop Integrations with partner platforms.
- Develop proof of concepts, define best practices and guidelines in line with the quality, security and reliability goals.
- Do whatever it takes to solve customer issues.
- Collaborate with teams within/outside the US to produce desired results.
- Challenge the status quo.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience building platforms and products that are customer facing.
- Masters or Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related STEM field.
- 8+ years of experience in Java programming language, Rest APIs and other Java based frameworks like Spring – Spring MVC, Spring boot, Spring Data, Play etc.
- Strong expertise in designing micro services, event driven and distributed systems. 7+ years of experience building common services and platform components.
- 7+ years of experience with No-SQL technologies like Cassandra, DynamoDB, Elastic Search, MongoDB, Redis etc. Equivalent level of experience with SQL databases.
- 5+ years of experience designing messaging / event streaming based systems using technologies like RabbitMQ, Kafka, AWS SNS/SQS, Google Pub/Sub etc.
- Highly desired to have expertise in application and data security.
- Highly desired to have 4+ years of experience building front end components using frameworks like React, Angular etc.
- Ambiguity doesn’t scare you, as you thrive in an Agile, Fast-paced, Collaborative, High-growth environment.
- Experience with fintech, banking, or mortgage software products is a bonus.
- Local Candidates Preferred
Benefits And Perks
- Full medical, dental, and vision (100% coverage for the employee at a Gold PPO level) with optional 65% coverage for dependent
- Flexible vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
Zibo embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be!
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.