Strategy & Operations Associate
Website Hired Recruiters
Zibo is transforming the real estate financial market for rental property investors by becoming their go to platform that radically improves their experience with financial services and property insights.
Zibo sits at the intersection of fintech and proptech and is tackling a very large, but under-served market that still relies on antiquated, analog and opaque financial services. It is a digital financial services platform that provides landlords with the competitive banking, payment, lending, and insurance products they need to buy, grow, manage and sell properties. Our innovative, one-stop-shop for landlords simplifies the application process and eliminates the need to enter data more than once across products or time.
Data is at the core of our model – with insights from landlords, properties, and tenants, we create relevant offers for our customers and partners. We provide tools, benchmarking and predictive analytics on key operating and market metrics to help landlords improve their operating profit and cash flows.
By empowering independent landlords with competitive financial services and transparent information, Zibo enables them to improve returns, grow their businesses, simplify their lives and provide quality housing for millions of people.
Zibo brings together a unique team that includes some of the best real estate fintech investors in the industry (Canaan, QED, SVB Capital and Khosla Ventures) + a founding team that combines one of the world’s leading real estate tech entrepreneurs (Gregor Watson of Roofstock, Dwell and 1Sharpe), an experienced real estate investor and credit expert (Rob Bloemker of Dwell and 1Sharpe) and Chris Hsu — a proven leader with deep experience in software, data analytics and financial services — as the CEO.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, results-oriented Strategy & Operations Associate to join our team. This will be a generalist role where you will be expected to support the team across different functions including company operations, customer service, strategy and business development. You will be reporting to the Head of Strategy, Operations & Partnerships, but you should expect to work directly with the CEO on projects. You will be based in the Redwood City HQ (remote options available = MUST be US-based).
As an early employee of Zibo, the ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced startup environment. This requires being relentlessly resourceful, efficiently distilling data into key insights, understanding the value in flawless execution, and persevering through ambiguity and road blocks. The ideal candidate must also be a strong communicator, as this role will often require working and communicating directly with the Zibo leadership team and customers.
What You’ll Do
- Deeply understand the capabilities of our products, our business model, the dynamics of our industry, and the needs of our customers
- Design, develop, and implement key operations processes to support Zibo’s continued growth
- Implement KPI reporting
- Help scale our customer support function as we continue to grow our customer base
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis and reporting and deliver insights to broader team
- Support the leadership team in identifying and pursuing new business initiatives and market expansion opportunities, including defining the strategy, sizing the opportunity, and building the go-to-market approach for each
- Partner with product managers, engineers, and the rest of the operations team to identify and solve problems
- 2-5 years of work experience in a strategic or operations role, ideally including experience in management consulting, private equity or investment banking
- Proven strong intellectual and academic achievement and a hunger to learn
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to develop a strategy, communicate it clearly and get buy-in and support to execute
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including an ability to professionally interact with customers and executives
- Demonstrated ability to manage concurrent multiple projects and execute on tight deadlines
- Comfort with working in an unstructured environment
- Experience in fintech, payments, and/or real estate investing is a plus but not required
Benefits And Perks
- Full medical, dental, and vision (100% coverage for the employee at a Gold PPO level) with optional 65% coverage for dependent
- Flexible vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
Zibo embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be!
Desired Skills and Experience
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.