Website Hylink Digital Solutions
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.2T U.S. construction industry. We strive to empower lenders, owners, builders, and vendors with innovative software, payments products & services that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity / collaboration and ensure better cost management as capital flows into and throughout the construction industry. Founded in 2015, Built now serves more than 110 of the top financial institutions in the US and Canada, including 25+ of the top 100 US construction lenders. In 2019, we completed our Series B raise led by Goldman Sachs bringing our total funding to $55M. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory.
Software Engineer – Built for Contractors
Built is looking for a product minded software engineer that wants a start-up experience within an established product company. As Built grows, we are expanding into the contractor space with an exciting new product offering, and we need people like you to join our team and help bring it to life! Not only will you get to help improve and scale the product, but you’ll play a major role in helping to integrate it into our core platform.
The Built for Contractors product uses a variety of technologies throughout its stack to deliver a best of breed experience to users. Our front end systems leverage Vue.js, HTML, and CSS. The API and service layers are written in PHP, on top of the Slim framework. These systems are hosted in a secure Google App Engine environment on encrypted MySQL databases and file stores.
Our Ideal Teammate
- Is a seasoned professional who aspires to “stay technical” and “be in the code” for at least the next 2-3 years of their career — but with a strong inclination to mentor and invest in the professional growth of others around them:
- Full-stack development is strongly preferred, but mastery of front-end or back-end development with the desire to achieve full-stack competency might be possible.
- Thinks in terms of “applications that scale” and is knowledgeable of a broad variety of algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Is motivated to become a core member of a small team that moves fast
- A product-minded engineer who is driven to understand the customer and the problems we are solving for them
- Has a “player-coach” mentality, capable of simultaneously making strong technical contributions while mentoring others within the context of small cross-functional teams
- Is a strong written and verbal communicator who is comfortable having “crucial conversations”, “negotiating” with peers on key architecture/design decisions, and proactively asks for clarity and help when they need it
- Is entrepreneurially-minded, a tenacious problem solver, and enjoys the unique challenges involved in shaping the culture of a growth-stage company
Has a Mature And Informed Perspective On Software Quality
- Embraces appropriate testing methodologies throughout the full lifecycle of application development
- Prefers to work in an environment that includes collaborative code review
- Is passionate about building testable code leveraging automation
- Cares deeply about the quality and readability of source code and has the habit of actively improving the quality of the codebase “in passing”
- Understands and can make mature decisions involving complex trade-offs involved in accruing and paying down “technical debt”
We are looking for candidates who fit into our three core values:
- Put people first: Work hard and be nice to people
- Be a team player: Humble, Hungry, Smart
- Work with passion: Love what you do. Do it well. Celebrate.
The rare opportunity to change the world and radically disrupt an industry
Competitive benefits including Unmetered Vacation; Health, Dental & Vision Insurance; and 401k
Weekly Team Lunches
Kitchen loaded with all the essentials to keep you productive
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.