Website Built Technologies
Sr. Software Engineer – Platform
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.2T U.S. construction industry. We strive to empower lenders, owners, builders, and vendors with innovative software, payments products & services that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity / collaboration and ensure better cost management as capital flows into and throughout the construction industry. Founded in 2015, Built now serves more than 110 of the top financial institutions in the US and Canada, including 25+ of the top 100 US construction lenders. In 2019, we completed our Series B raise led by Goldman Sachs bringing our total funding to $55M. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory.
Platform engineers at Built are laying the foundation that some of the most important software the construction industry will depend on. Common application concerns, from authentication and file management to tracking the movement of money, are provided to Built’s ecosystem by our platform engineers. If you get excited about generalized solutions to complex problems, flexible and secure APIs, and distributed computing in AWS – this might just be the perfect opportunity!
We are looking for candidates who exemplify our core values:
- Put people first: Work hard and be nice to people
- Be a team player: Humble, Hungry, Smart
- Work with passion: Love what you do. Do it well. Celebrate.
Our ideal teammate
Platform engineers build and improve critical shared services, where changes can have significant cascading effects on the system as a whole – for better or for worse. Our ideal teammates are exceptionally thoughtful and creative as well as rigorous, vigilant, detail-oriented professionals.
- Quick learner – building shared understanding of complex domains, with the team and with an eye to future unknown needs, risks, and opportunities.
- Iterative delivery – breaking large technical and business opportunities into small units of value, delivered on a regular cadence.
- Exceptional quality – automated testing and comprehensive change verification are core to this team’s success.
- Trailblazer & Educator – setting new technical precedents and creating constraints, while documenting and educating engineers on new tools and patterns.
- Collaborative, non-binary decision-maker – ability to contribute relatively unbiased to group decision making, using tools such as a decision matrix.
- Python and modern Python packages, tooling, development, and testing
- Ability to understand abstract concepts and turn them into concrete deliverables
- Interest in or some experience designing, building, and optimizing distributed systems
- Experience designing efficient and secure APIs
- Familiarity with multiple data persistence technologies
- Familiarity with Docker and container-based development and production environments
- Experience with many AWS services and their use together to solve problems
- Experience designing systems with compliance and regulatory requirements
- Significant understanding of relational database design and optimization
- Advanced knowledge of Docker and orchestration of containers in a service architecture
- The rare opportunity to change the world and radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including generous Vacation; Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, and 401k
- Flexible working hours
- In-office Weekly Team Lunches, and kitchen loaded with all the essentials to keep you productive
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.