Vice President, Sustainability – Real Estate
Website LaSalle Investment Management
The Vice President, Sustainability – Real Estate will have responsibilities for the Americas sustainability activities, working with the firm’s Global Head of ESG on the strategies and long-term vision. In this role, the Vice President will be an officer on the firm’s Global Sustainability Committee and will lead the Americas Sustainability Taskforce.
- Own the firm’s Americas GRESB submissions, award submissions, the sustainability management program, and related consultant.
- Prepare presentations to clients and client ESG reporting. Work with Portfolio Management on portfolio sustainability strategy.
- Lead sustainability research initiatives, and developing programs/vendors/resources.
- Work closely with the Asset and Property Management teams to develop programs for asset-level sustainability initiatives, including certifications (i.e. LEED, Fitwel, ENERGY STAR), , energy/water/waste efficiency projects, energy procurement, green leases, health & wellness projects, and the annual sustainability budget planning
- Lead evaluation and implementation of sustainability PropTech.
- Complete sustainability due diligence on new acquisitions.
- Act as a liaison to the Asset and Portfolio Management teams on sustainability initiatives, such as advancing internal education and awareness of climate change related programs and representing the firm at external events to elevate the firm’s ESG profile in the industry.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- 8-10 years’ experience in Real Estate sustainability or energy efficiency
- BA/BS degree in environmental science, real estate, finance, accounting, business, engineering or related field with strong record of academic achievement
- Highly skilled in modeling in Excel and enjoys working with large datasets
- Strong financial and analytical ability with solid organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills; skilled in PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in cooperation with Asset Management
- Proactive thinking with detail-oriented and creative problem-solving approach
- Proficiency with real estate sustainability certification standards such as LEED, Fitwel, ENERGY STAR
- Experience with GRESB and carbon reporting standards
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States for a minimum of 3 years
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Pursuant to Illinois Law, applicants are not obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.