Job Role: Debt Controller
Location: New Milton
Job Sector: Finance
Hours: 35 hours per week
As Debt Controller you will contribute to our vision of being the UK’s favourite residential property manager, as recognised by others by:
- Ensuring the timely arrears chasing of customer and business debt through first class customer service
- Maintaining strong communications with internal departments
This role reports to the Debt Control Team Leader
You are currently working in a customer facing role, and are experienced in difficult conversations.
Being passionate about supporting change and continuous improvement means you work collaboratively within a team, department and internal and external clients and enjoy focussing on improving service levels and seeing things through to resolution.
As you are confident in using MS Office packages you are confident with working on multiple different IT systems simultaneously.
FirstPort is the largest and most experienced residential property manager in the UK, employing more than 3,000 colleagues dedicated to looking after peoples’ home.
Great property management is about more than just bricks and mortar. We recognise and value the contribution our people make to our business and we are committed to ensuring they are skilled and equipped to do the best job they can and that they have the opportunity to realise their full potential.
Our Values set out the commitments we have made to deliver excellent service and they inform the relationships that we have with customers and clients. They shape our culture and are used in measuring and rewarding performance.
- Liaise with Clients Solicitors to provide information from internal departments to assist with debt recovery. Responding to these queries by email and telephone.
- Develop a good working relationship with external customers i.e. Housing Associations and Developers, to ensure timely payment. Provide copy invoices, statements and respond to queries as needed.
- Liaising with internal departments on non-service charge debtors i.e. Purchase Ledger, Corporate & Retirement Homesearch debtors to assist with any outstanding debt.
- Credit control of new business, including portfolio acquisitions, to resolve outstanding issues and reduce debt prior to integration to BAU.
- Maintaining good records of communications on all databases to enable accurate progress of cases for legal action.
- Managing processes for all loss of instruction properties
Friendly – We look out for people’s best interests, and show them we care by dealing with them in a warm and friendly manner.
Inventive – We’re creative and resourceful. We strive to improve what we do and how we do it, so we can provide the best ideas and solutions to look after people, their homes and communities.
Respectful – We listen, consult and take on-board people’s opinions and needs. We understand the importance of the home and community in people’s lives, and act with respect at all times.
Skilled – We’ve the qualifications, experience and take great pride in our
To apply for this job please visit www.firstport.co.uk.